If you have a passion for music and sales experience, Progressive Music could be a great fit for you!
As the Director of Retail Operations you will be expected to provide our customers with a superior experience each and every interaction, both in store and out in the community.
Using your organizational skills and ability to build strong relationships, you will have the chance to listen and work with our customers to be able to identify and serve their musical needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following.
- Create and reinforce a sales culture within the store, ensuring that service is prompt, knowledgeable and that customer expectations are met
- Ensure the store and all merchandise is well displayed, clean & interactive
- Assist in the management of rental accounts through our rental account software
- Maintain our pool of orchestral rental instruments and prepare them for rental contracts
- Manage orchestral instrument inventory
- Manage retail store inventory
- Assist customers in selecting the best product or rental instrument for them or their child, either in the store or off site
- Design and implement retail store displays including exterior windows displays (seasonally)
- The ability to work 40 hours a weeks with rare instances of non-traditional hours as needed
- Possess effective communication skills which reflect active listening, critical thinking, and a customer-focused tone.
- Consistently show ability to be sales-driven and results-oriented by taking action, relating all decisions back to store results and working to improve P&L.
- Superior organization and follow up skills to ensure responsibilities and goals are met within defined deadlines.
- Detail oriented and ability to prioritize and work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Working knowledge of computers and Microsoft programs required.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Valid Drivers License
- Experience with WordPress
- Band/orchestra (knowledge and/or playing experience) desired but not required.
- Progressive Music is an equal opportunity, equal access employer committed to a diverse workforce. The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Please email your resume and any other related information to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in applying for this position.