This week, the Music Education Policy Roundtable submitted an introduction statement to President-Elect Donald Trump’s Transition Team. Progressive Music is a member of the national Music Education Policy Roundtable. The letter includes a series of education policy proposals that would continue the protection and perseverance of school music programs.
A copy of the statement can be found here.
Proposed policy topics include:
- Continue the Proper Implementation of the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA)
- Maintain Equitable Access to a Well-Rounded Education for All Students
- Support Funding in Critical Well-Rounded Areas
- Reauthorize the Higher Education Act (with Well-Rounded Initiatives)
- Reauthorize the Carl D. Perkins Career and Technical Education Act (with Well-Rounded Initiatives)
- Support Military Readiness of Armed Forces
- Support U.S. Military Music
It is our hope that these proposals will be strongly considered by the upcoming Trump Administration. At a minimum, this statement will open the door for further dialogue and possible partnership with the new Administration, as we advocate for school music.
Progressive Music is a business with a mission to enrich the quality of life, serving as a cultural and community center for all who make music for a living or personal enjoyment, regardless of age of ability. Progressive Music is the link between the public and suppliers of quality musical merchandise. The Progressive Music staff are professionals whose expertise assist, guide, and motivate people in the selection of music industry products as well present music education to the public through lessons, seminars and advocacy. Progressive Music is committed to their products with an experienced and knowledgeable service center. To learn more, visit www.progressivemusiccompany.com or visit Progressive Music on Facebook, Twitter or YouTube